Equipped with a Caterpillar industrial diesel engine, the Barbco 60/72-1200HD auger boring machine delivers 228 horsepower, 191,010 ft. lbs. of torque and 1,272,345 lbs. of thrust — a powerful system to push through your toughest installation. Built with unsurpassed reliability, Barbco machines offer more than a 20-year lifespan to maximize your return on investment. The standard machine is ideal for between 24” and 60” in diameter; however, an optional 72” lift kit is available upon request.
Standard Safety Features
- Hook rollers at the base of the machine anchor it securely to the track.
- Quickly disengage the hydraulic clutch and shut down the engines with the tethered emergency stop switch.
- To protect your machine operators, our rollover anticipation shut-down module (RASM) uses state-of-the-art technology to anticipate rollover forces and immediately shutdown the engine. Any incidents will record in the RASM software.
- Hydraulic hoses withstand extreme pressure and protect against bursts.
- The master pusher opening is equipped with a door to help shield personnel from rotating spoil ejections.
Optional Safety Features
- Operate your machine safely outside of the pit with a tethered or wireless remote control.
- Add a vandalism shield to protect against damage, theft and inclement weather.
NOTICE 60-1200: We promote the use of Safe Practices on any auger bore performed. We do not believe that an ABM should ever be used when not attached to the casing unless the ABM is properly secured with a design well engineered for the pit that it is intended to be used in.