Expand your capabilities with the Barbco 48/60-950. Our most popular auger boring machine, the 48/60-950 offers incredible versatility for your utility installation, whether it’s an electrical line or water system. Why do more contractors choose it? One word: thrust. The 48/60-950 offers nearly a million pounds of thrust, in addition to its 187,444 ft. lbs. of torque and 174 horsepower. The machine’s wide stance provides stability for your operators. It’s ideal for bores between 12” and 48”, but optional 54” and 60” lift kits are available.
Standard Safety Features
- Hook rollers at the base of the machine anchor it securely to the track.
- Quickly disengage the hydraulic clutch and shut down the engines with the tethered emergency stop switch.
- To protect your machine operators, our rollover anticipation shut-down module (RASM) uses state-of-the-art technology to anticipate rollover forces and immediately shutdown the engine. Any incidents will record in the RASM software.
- Hydraulic hoses withstand extreme pressure and protect against bursts. The master pusher opening is equipped with a door to help shield personnel from rotating spoil ejections.
Optional Safety Features
- Operate your machine safely outside of the pit with a tethered or wireless remote control.
- Add a vandalism shield to protect against damage, theft and inclement weather.
NOTICE 48-950: We promote the use of Safe Practices on any auger bore performed. We do not believe that an ABM should ever be used when not attached to the casing unless the ABM is properly secured with a design well engineered for the pit that it is intended to be used in.